Dear friends:

Well, I am happy to report that I've finally got my LM 7.1 installed
properly and maybe I can now actually get some work done. Except...

Well, there is always an "except", but this one is pretty harmless, I
think, and I'll bet many of you have had the same error message.

I am talking about clickin on K, Panel, Edit Menus: "MenuEditor Not
Installed!"

What in the world does this mean? The menu file IS installed:

[sher@adsl-77-232-254 sher]$ rpm -q menu
menu-2.1.5-19mdk
[sher@adsl-77-232-254 sher]$

So what exactly is this about?

I tried to edit my menus, first as a user, then as root (by logging off
and logging back into KDE as root. Same problem as root as well as user.

By the way, under K, Applications, Editors, there is a listing for a
program called "Gnome-Edit". Actually, this is a duplicate menu entry
for Emacs. I wanted to delete it.

So, anyone out there know what this is all about?

Thanks so very much.

Benjamin

--
Benjamin and Anna Sher