Hi --

I evidently have a similar problem.  When I boot Linux (and it does work, but not
well), the "swapon" command in the startup
script gives the error message "/dev/sda6 Device Not Configured".  /dev/sda6 is the
swap partition.  When I try to "mkswap", I
get the message "Device Not Configured."  What does this actually mean?  When I
installed Linux, I indicated that sda6 was to
be the swap partition, and it is shown as such in the fstab.  Any ideas?

thanks,
pete

On Sun, 30 Jul 2000 01:25:12 +0200, Alexander Skwar wrote:

>On Thu, Jul 27, 2000 at 11:44:47AM -0500, jeremy rogers wrote:
>>                                      any ideas anyone?
>
>mkswap /dev/swap-device and replace swap-device with the partition where you
>want to create the swap on.  or are you really talking about a swapFILE?
>then it's mkswap /path-to-swapfile.
>
>--
>Homepage:      http://www.digitalprojects.com
>Sichere Mail?  Mail an [EMAIL PROTECTED] fuer GnuPG Keys
>ICQ:           7328191

Pete Clapham
Department of Biological, Geological, and Environmental Sciences
Cleveland State University
Cleveland, Ohio, 44115

Phone: [216] 687-4820
Fax: [216] 523-7175