Peace

I haven't done that myself.

If you really want to find out what the problem could be, why not
do a normal install and then install each devel package one by one, until one
of them takes out your sound again ie using a process of elimination.

Another approach.........because sound was affected, why not install all the
devel packages minus those development packages related to sound. If sound works
after doing this you have narrowed it down those packages, then install the
sound devel packages until sound is taken out again.

I am certain there are various other methods which you can use to approach this
situation.

In this way you can discover the "bug" and report it :)

What I am trying to say or get across here is that GNU/Linux is built on solid
Hacker Philosophy and I think it important for us here on the newbie list to
instill this philosophy at this level.

Ask not (only) what GNU/Linux can do for you,
but what you can do for GNU/Linux.

Amin
----
No Fate But What You Make!