I have just installet on as well. I just clicked the .bin file in filemanager in
KDE.

Best Thomas

"Tim" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 31-07-2000 05:42:04

Please respond to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
cc:    (bcc: Thomas Laurids Pedersen/Dan Net)

Subject:  [newbie] Star Office Install

Hi all,

Just spent FOREVER downloading Star Office 5.2 from the Sun site ("only" 100
MB ... dunno why it took all day. My ISP will blame net-congestion, Sun
would blame my ISP ... in any case the file's here).

Ummm...

It's a file ending in .bin  I can guess "binary" BUT double-clicking (or
just clicking) gets me nowhere(!).  Nothing is associated w/ ".bin" files.

I'm going to go after it from a few angles; but would appreciate any help.
Have never successfully installed Star Office, or anything else in Linux,
for that matter.  Sort of frustrating for a guy who's installed/run software
in about 4 other operating systems....

I'm running Mandrake 7.0, in KDE. Seems REALLY nice. Just have to get my
"sea legs" with it.

TIA for any help!

--tim