After a couple of tries, I've installed 7.1. My system is a K6-2 450
with 192 megs of memory, 8 gigs of disk space allocated to Linux, and

an Actiontec 56K, call waiting, internal PCI modem.

The modem works fine, in fact extremely well under Win 98. However I
can't get the system to locate or use the modem. The modem is
assigned to Com 3, so I expect it to be on /dev/tty/S2.  I tried
(from the modem's documentation) using /cat/proc/pci and found that
the system has found the modem. The modem is using IRQ 11, a 16550A
chip, and memory at xDC00-FF and xD800-xD8FF.

I have run setserial /dev/ttyS2 over and over again with no results.

Heartfelt thanks, in advance, for any ideas.

Paul

-- Paul Sherr, [EMAIL PROTECTED] on 07/29/2000