Over the past few weeks I've noticed some folks were looking for JDK and
JRE for their machines. I've got them both on my server and if you would
like I can send you a link by which you can freely download them. JDK is
version 1.1.8 as is JRE. They're compressed as .tar.gz files and will
decompress easily using Tar, or Archiver, or yes...even dare I say
it...Winzip.

I got a hold of these files a week or so ago and was greatly bothered by
the trouble I had to go to to decompress and open the archives. I can well
imagine and remember how it would be for someone totally new to Linux to
have to deal with something as alien as a .tar.bz file. They're a general
pain in the arse for someone who knows what they're doing if you don't
happen to have bzip2 just lying around waiting for something to do.

Anyway, send me an email and let me know if you want the URL to download
the files.

--
Mark

  ** Registered Linux user # 182496 **