The rpm is installed on my system (must have been done by default during
installation - I didn't do it). Numlock light came on during boot but X
apparently killed it when it started. Obviously too late to try
usr/X11R6/bin/enable_X11_numlock in autostart now as I've already enabled it
to come on at start  and as it is now "not broke" I won't try to fix it