Hello all

Not sure what is going on but using MDK7.0 and kppp with PAP am able to
log on to web fine but dont seem to be getting the mail I dont think.

When either in netscape or Kmail I request mail Answer = There Are no
new messages on server. I also get this message from my Isp quite often.

"Demon Internet currently offers two ways of accessing email.

In one, SMTP, the SMTP client running on the mail machines at Demon
sends email to a SMTP server (or "daemon") on your machine and then
deletes it on the Demon machines.

In the other, POP3, the POP3 server offers the client a
list of files; the client then chooses which of these files
to retrive or to download.

When both ways are used simultaneously, it can happen that
a message that was initially found and offered by the POP3
server is then delivered and deleted by the SMTP client;
when the POP3 client then requests it, it is gone.

That has just happened."

How can I check SMTP on my system or disable it as pop has worked fine
prior to this upgrade.

Any help would be great.

Regards Duncan

The message hasn't been lost; it has merely been delivered
through another channel.  You should find it elsewhere in your
mailbox.

The easiest way to prevent this from occurring in the future
is to not use POP3 and SMTP simultaneously.

If you have any further questions and comments about this,
please contact [EMAIL PROTECTED]