I have Mandrake 7.0 installed on a Compaq 650Mhz EP w/256MB RAM, Matrox
Millennium G400 AGP w/16MB RAM, it is on it's own 8.4 GB IDE drive with Boot
Magic as the loader and W2K as the other OS on it's own IDE drive.  After
the installation, Mandrake worked great for one week with no errors or
problems.  Then I started first OS to load and it went through the whole
load process to the Mandrake-Linux Logo screen with the login prompt and it
tries to load the Xserver automatically.  Then the screen flashes
irregularly and the keyboard numlock LED flashes, there it stays!  I have
tried to break out of the load and nothing seems to work.  Except if you
keep using Ctrl-Alt-Del it will go into a shutdown cycle and says the Xfont
server FAILED on shutdown, then it completes the shutdown.  Any ideas how I
can get into it find out what is broken, and how to fix it?

Denny Roberts
Network Engineer
Paramount Health Care
419-887-2102