> Kalu Chijioke wrote:

> 2. I can't get my modem to work too.  As described by the ChenLi Tien
> CM8738 driver, I am supposed to compile the "pctel.o"
>     module, that, I can't find anywhere, I have gone to websites to
> attempt downloading the file but to no avail, and it isnt included in
>     my distribution or the device driver accompanying the motherboard.

I have the same modem in my motherboard, but this is unfortunately a
winmodem. Some people in Taiwan made a linux driver module for this
card, it is at:

http://www.pcchips.com

Unfortunately I couldnt get the drivers to work neither with the
soundcard nor the modem, so I went out and bought an external modem and
a cheap Yamaha soundcard.

Perhaps someone else can help you more with this (maybe in the "expert"
mailing list)

--
/\ Jose Alberto Abreu       \/\  [EMAIL PROTECTED]           \