On Sun, 6 Aug 2000, MundellRH wrote:

I live in Utah.  We have an ISP called freeport.com that does not require
any propriatary software, and there are no advertising banners.  After
setting up their package for Windows, I tried entering the access number,
my name and password in kppp setup.  I didn't know freeport's DNS
settings, so I just stuck Mindspring's in.  (While not free,  Mindspring
also works well with Linux, BTW)

The main disadvantage I've seen with the free internet companies is none
of them offer usenet.  This is probably the major reason I've kept my
Mindspring account.