On Sat, 12 Aug 2000, you wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm really a newbie to Linux... i'm great with Windows... but really I get
> bored of the Microsoft crashes... so i installed the Madrake 7.1
>
> I use the GNOME + Enlightenment interface... that really look gorgeous...
> much better than KDE for me...
>
> anyway... i got two stupid problems... that really makes me nervous...
>
> 1)when i change the icons placement on the desktop and restart X the icons
> come back to their orignal place on the left of the screen, why!?? How can i
> solve this?
>
> 2)I use the enlightenment dektop (e.g. All Good People 4)but when the system
> start it comes again with the default gnome desktop (the blue one), i tried
> to remove the cap in the GNOME desktop setting that say Let gnome manage my
> desktop (or something similar) but i find it always on... :o(

     I prob'ly ought'a stay out of this since I only use KDE,
but what'a heck :)  I've seen a lot of this problem cited on the
expert and cooker ML's a long with other menu problems. The most
often advice given is to install DrakeMenu (URL below).  It's for
the upcoming Mandrake 7.2, but it's reported to work well with 7.1
I personally haven't tried it. I found another work-around for my
menu annoyances. All of which stem from Mandrakes switching to the
Debian menu system in 7.1 for compatibility between Gnome and KDE
menus (and icons). DrakeMenu is currently the prescribed fix from
the developers.

ftp://rpmfind.net/linux/MandrakeCooker/cooker/Mandrake/RPMS/
           DrakeMenu-0.1beta-2mdk.i586.rpm
--
~~   Tom Brinkman    [EMAIL PROTECTED]