On Sat, 12 Aug 2000, you wrote:
> Well, I've got pentium pro(200Mhz) CPU,
> 32M ram, ATI VT2 card, WD caviar 6G Hard drive,
> And that's it,
> I'm using kernel version 2.2.14-15.
> I tried installing mandrake from the same CD on another computer,
> and X didn't work also. The mandrake CD I'm using is distributed by
> linuxnet.co.il. maybe they did somethig wrong?

    Hard to tell from here ;)  You left out the most important and
fundamental part of your system, what motherboard and bios ??  If
you don't see this info any other place, there should be a string
displayed during system boot (during the memory count) on the lower
left hand part of the screen.  That string will identify your mobo
and bios (it's an FCC requirement). Hit <Pause> so you'll have time
to copy down the bios string, <Enter> to re-start. Then go here:

   http://www.ping.be/bios/numbers.shtml

   Hopefully it's either an Award or AMI bios.  Also, is this a
ready made system (eg, Dell, Gateway, Compaq, etc) ?  A few more
particulars about your video card and monitor would be helpful also

--
~~   Tom Brinkman    [EMAIL PROTECTED]