John Eichenberger wrote:

> My modem is listed (in Win98 as):
>        Class: Modem
>        Device: SupraExpress 56i SP V.90 SUP2720
>        Resources:
>          IRQ: 03
>          I/O: 02F8h-02FFh

Strange, is a serial io ??
Is it an ISA PNP ?
IO normaly = 0x240 on mine. (isdn)
Did you find it in /etc/isapnp.conf also ??

>        Class: Sound, video and game controllers
>        Device: Wave Device for Voice Modem
>        No resources used.
>
> My sound card is listed as:
>        Device: Creative Labs IDE controller        -- I wish I knew how to
> disable this part of it
>        Resources:
>          IRQ: 10
>          I/O: 0168h-016Fh
>          I/O: 036Eh-036Fh
>
>        Class: Sound, video and game controllers
>        Device: Creative 3D Stereo Enhancement Technology
>        Resources:
>          I/O: 0100h-0100h
>
>        Class: Sound, video and game controllers
>        Device: Gameport Joystick
>        Resources:
>          I/O: 0200h-0207h
Same in /etc/isapnp.conf. Check.

>        Class: Sound, video and game controllers
>        Device: Creative Advanced Wave Effects Synthesis for AWE 32
>        Resources:
>          I/O: 0620h-0623h
>          I/O: 0A20h-0A23h
>          I/O: 0E20h-0E23h

That's the wave table to be found it in /etc/isapnp.conf.
Uncomment the '#' near the settings.

>        Class: Sound, video and game controllers
>        Device: Creative Sound Blaster 16 Plug and Play
>        Resources:
>          IRQ: 05
>          I/O: 0220h-022Fh
>          I/O: 0330h-0331h
>          I/O: 0388h-038Bh
>          DMA: 01
>          DMA: 05

Here is him. (the sound card)
Check your /etc/isapnp.conf and : (sound)&(wave table)
remove the '#' if they are near this settings.
remove the 'CHECK' near the settings of it.
Add under the line 'DEBUG' at top: (VERIFYLD N)
Save and Reboot.
Eric MC