Well, that's a good question.... Is that a bug with HardDrake??

To check if HardDrake works fine, it would be cool to be able to validate
the Hardware config using some other way... Is it thus possible to check
the hardware config through the command line? What would I need to do (what
commands to type)??

Thx !!

./\.

PS.: To answer that initial question, my  @home address is a Windows (NT 4
SP5) address. Good thing I have a dual boot so I can still send emails !

                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    Sent by:                     To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    newbie-owner@linux-ma        cc:

                    ndrake.com                   Subject:     Re: [newbie] eth0
doesn't
                                                 initialise<snip> HardDrake Bug?

                    08/17/00 05:06 AM

                    Please respond to

                    "Seve Octavio"

Is this a bug with HardDrake?

"According to HardDrake, the card uses I/0 = -1 and IRQ = -1...
> is that normal? It doesn't allow me to choose any other values for these
> parameters... Besides, HardDrake doesn't explicitly display my card as
being
> mounted as device eth0... is that normal also, or is that the cause of
the
> problem?"

On 8/16/00, 5:09:00 PM, "Greg Stewart" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
regarding Re: [newbie] eth0 doesn't initialise. Network doesn't work.:

> One thing to start... I noticed you have an @home address... does this
mean
> you have a cable modem connection under windows or something?

> If not, read on...

> I had this VERY same problem when I set up my cable modem--turned out I
> walked away from that damned Wiz place with a bum piece of hardware.

> A couple things you can try:

> First, re-configure eth0 to DHCP, do not use any hostname, empty the
entries
> for DNS, etc.

> Second, shutdown modem and computer. Plug in the modem and wait for it to
> initialise. When that is done, turn on the computer.

> Check the network card (eth0) to make sure that the lights are lit...if
not,
> there is no signal from the modem, and no negotiation can place. Try
another
> cable. If the same thing happens, and you don't get any lights on the
> network card itself, try resetting the modem a few more times.

> If you still have the problem and don't get the little lights, take the
> damed thing back and scream and yell for a new one. (Or "yell" and then
> "scream"... which ever floats 'yer boat--or works more quickly).

> --Greg

> Hi all,
> Need help on configuring my network !!
> I've just installed Mandrake Linux 7.1, and the Network doesn't work.
> I am currently trying to connect to my local Cable company using DHCP.
That

____