Per the /etc/ppp/ip-up file, you really shouldn't make the changes directly
there, make a file called /etc/ppp/ip-up.local  (use: touch
/etc/ppp/ip-up.local  or just vi it) and possibly change the sructure of
your original entry to:

/usr/bin/./kicq

there's a 'slash-dot-slash' between bin and kicq -- I'm never sure if those
dots can be seen well enough (I sure have trouble). Sometime the system
doesn't know the execute a  file even when given the path.

--Greg

> Hmm, I posted this message a day or 2 ago, but I've still not seen it
> appear so...I'm resending it - with apologies if it appears twice.
>
> Anyways, I want kicq (now that I've got it working well) to start as
> soon as I'm connected to the 'Net. I looked at /etc/ip-up to see how
> PMfirewall does it, so I just added this line to /etc/ip-up:
>
> /usr/bin/kicq
>
> but I guess thats not quite right. Any ideas, and thanks! ;-)
>
> --
>                                                                /\
>                                                            Dark><Lord
>                                                                \/

message envoye depuis http://www.ifrance.com
emails (pop)-sites persos (espace illimite)-agenda-favoris (bookmarks)-forums
Ecoutez ce message par tel ! : 08 92 68 92 15 (france uniquement)