You could try downloading the latest verison of HardDrake - it will require a an
updated kernel, alsa, (both from the Mandrake update site) and and a few other
packages - I also got the latest version of the emu10k1 driver from creative labs -
after I did that, the card worked like a charm. Some people get their
SBLive! Value  card working right away just by configuring with sndconfig - thst
didn't work for me - I had to do the upgrading.

cheers,
philomena