On Fri, 18 Aug 2000, Chris Courtade wrote:

>problem is that at the end of the installation when asking to pick my
>monitor, no matter what monitor I pick, the screen flickers and is all
>chopped up, I can't even see the sign on box enough to sign in.  I have
>an ATI Rage Fury 128 bit 32MB video card on a NEC MultiSync XV15+.

When you get to the end of the install, skip the probing of the
videocard. That killed my initial install too. Then boot again, and make
sure you don't over do the settings on the screen (resolution and color
depth). Step that up one by one, and see how far you get.

Paul

--
The problem with learning experience:
you never graduate...