>From some of your responses it sounds like there are more than a few good
laptops out there for running Linux.

 Are 6.0 gigs of harddrive and 32 megs of memory enough for running Linux
Mandrake and Windows easily? Would I be better off getting at least 64 megs
of memory and 10 or more gigs of harddrive?

Will Mandrake 7.0 or 7.1 be easier to install and use on a laptop? I am
looking for a laptop that installs Mandrake without a problem, detects
everything, and everything else works fine, too.  I need a dual boot system
with Windows, too. Is Partition Magic in 7.1? That worked well for me in 7.0
on my desktop.

Thank you for your help. Marcia