[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Seems to work differently in the UK, most "Free" ISP's cost money..... i.e you
> pay a fixed rate for unmetered access, say £10 per month and are allowed to
> access what I suppose in the US you call a toll free number.

I think you're confusing two things here. To the best of my knowledge, ALL free ISPs
are actually free, i.e. you don't pay to use their service, but you pay for the
phone call to access the service.

Unmetered access is where you don't pay for the phone call. Some unmetered services
are provided free of charge, some you pay a monthly subscription.

You actually explained this towards the end of your post. Maybe you should have
started at that end :-).

Regards

Lance