Hello all,
I installed 7.1 yesterday but during configuration, it
did not list my 10/100 Linksys Ethernet card for my
cable modem ( not a PMCIA card - just a regular card).
Overall though,the install went generally well.

Linux seems to know it's a PCI ethernet card, just not
what kind. I skipped this portion and now I have no
internet connection.
I went to the linksys website and they explained that
the on-board (already in linux) 'tulip.o' driver is
compatible and should work.

How does one exactly 'load' this tulip.o driver?
I found this file buried under a bunch of subdirs.

Some YES/No Questions:
1- Must I be at Admin level to do this step?
2- Will any command line 'screen' allow me to do this
?
3- Must I be in the subdir where the tulip.o
file/driver is located.
4- Are there straight forward command to load it?

If anyone can detail what I need to do I would be
greatly appreciated.

FYI-I have been using the KDE interface.

Thanks in advance,
Doug Conrad

PII-350 96 megs ram
ATI 8 meg video card
Lynksys 10/100 PCI ethernet card (cable modem) IRQ9
Has Dual Boot with boot magic/master? I forget name
On board Crystal sound (doesn't work yet on linux)