Thanks for that!
I have a Ricoh R/RW MP7060S SCSI Burner that came with a SCSI 11 card.
It was installed for me!
Do you know how i can get pass the screen that says:

Welcome to Linux Mandrake

                Scanning SCSI - probe SCSI BUS........

Then locks up!
Can you please help Me!
thanks
Mat

At 05:08 AM 8/21/00 -0700, you wrote:
>Mandrake has full support for the hpt 366, I have an Abit BP6 with a
Western Digital and a Maxtor drive attached to the hpt366 controller.
Mandrake worked out fo the box.  I piece of advice, if your SCSI writer is
actually an IDE writer that uses the Generic SCSI driver support.  DO NOT
PLUG IT INTO YOUR HPT366 CONTROLER, it will always lock up on boot if you
do that.