Title: RE: [newbie] Detecting Zip drive & Modem

Go to the linux-mandrake homepage and click on tutorials, there is some very good help on setting up a modem in Kppp.

-----Original Message-----
From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Paul
Sent:   Thursday, August 24, 2000 1:31 PM
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        Re: [newbie] Detecting Zip drive & Modem

On Thu, 24 Aug 2000, Rakesh Raghvani wrote:

>Could you please help me!
>
>I've currently installed Linux Mandrake on my computer and I've read the
>help files on how the detect and set up the Zip drive and Modem Card. I
>can't seem to install the hardware, installing sound card, cd rom driver etc
>were easy! So I've decided to give up. So if you now, I would be grateful if
>you could tell me how to solve this problem.

I can't help you on the modem,
but try typing

insmod ppa

on a prompt. If that works, then you are already somewhere. Then you have
to create a directory to mount the zip to, like /mnt/zip and find out on
which device the ZIP is located. Most likely on /dev/sda4. Try 'mount
/dev/sda4 /mnt/zip' and see if that works.

Paul

--
Saudi Arabia has NO freedom of religion.

)0(    [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]    )0(
http://nlpagan.net -  ICQ 147208
Registered  Linux  User   174403
-=PINE 4.21+Linux Mandrake 7.1=-