I am having troubles getting using my DSL account from my linux box.

I have had DSL for a while functioning properly on a windows box. I bought a new machine and am dual booting it with win98 and mandrake 7.1. The different computers access the same DSL line via a hub. Win98 on my new machine works fine with the DSL. To configure it on the linux partition, I used the same settings as found in the windows network applet in the control panel:
- same IP (it is a static one)
- same netmask
- same gateway
- same DNS host
- same DNS ip addresses
- DHCP is disabled

I didn't mess with anything else.

Also, it seemed to find my 3Com card fine (3c905 10/100). When I type "ifconfig etho" it displays the proper stats of my card. "less /etc/conf.modules" display (what I think) is the proper driver: 3c59x. I didn't mess with any other settings.

I cannot successfully ping any site or log onto any web site. I don't getting any errors when restarting inetd or httpd.

Any suggestions?

Thanks much.

-jeff