[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Kandace Little) wrote:

>       MIME Type: multipart/alternative
> I at last have Linux loaded on my win 98 system (duel boot).
> I am having troubles with KDE though, or I think I am. When
> I boot into Linux I can use the key combination of Ctrl-Alt-F(n)
> to open any of the seven desktops but none of these have what
> I thought.
>
> I thought there was icons and task bars so to speak in the KDE
> desktop, is that right? I hit the F7 option and get two command
> line windows.
>
> I am new to this so maybe that is all you get. If I am wrong maybe
> somebody could help me out with this. I am running Mandrake 7.0.
>

> Thanks for you help in advance ;)
>
> Stephen
==================================
Sounds as if you're booting into console mode.  Try this:  Login as root and
edit the file /etc/inittab.
Find the line that reads something to the effect of
id:3:initdefault
change the 3 to a 5.
When you reboot, you should boot into gui mode and you can log in from there.
HTH,
Mike

"Always remember that I have taken more out of alcohol
than alcohol has taken out of me."
        --Winston Churchill

http://home.netscape.com/webmail