On Fri, 1 Sep 2000, Juggernaut wrote:

> 1. At windoze, (Network Neighborhood) I found the homes directory and pungki
> directory. I think I don't created those directory. And it has the same
> data. It will point to /home. I want to delete one of them. How can I do
> that ?
You mean that you don't want your home directory to be shared? Then you
have to comment out the [home] section in /etc/smb.conf

> 2. If I want to access windoze from Linux, how can I do that ? I didn't
> found the link to windoze computer. Do I need another program to do that ? I
> have tried use smbclient, with command like this :
> smbclient -L teteh.net    (which teteh.net is windoze computer). And then, I
> got an error message like this :
> "session request to TETEH.NET failes (called name not present).
> Password :"
> How can I solve a problem like this ?
smbclient is an ftp-like client for accessing smb shares. So you should be
able to do it. Maybe you have to add an entry in your /etc/hosts file.

Once you can use smbclient with a share, you will be able to smbmount a
share to access it as if it was a local drive.

HTH
Flupke
--
        << There's no place like ~ ! >>