Is this CD from the Maximum Linux Magazine???
I get the same problem trying to install also.  I was trying to setup with a
supported AT24/3DFX video card.
I think maybe it's the media from Max. Lin. Mag.
HTH
Jaguar

"forstfed" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Fresh install of drake 7.1 with a Gladiac Geforce2 32meg, xfree86 4.01
When
> I got to the X setup towards the very end of the install, I kept getting a
> message that it wasn't working and to try a different vid crad or monitor.
> I went through evert possible combination and it wouldn't work.  This is a
> system that was working with a tnt2 ultra working.  I tried a fresh install
> with that card and got the same error, so I thought I'd try again with the
> geforce2.  After spending hours doing reinstalls and trying different
> card/monitor configs, I decided to skip the X config and try it through
cli.
> Well, with X -configure I get:
>
> Fatal server error
> XFree86 has found a valid card configuration.
> Unfortunately the appropriate data has not been added to xf86PciInfo.h
>
> So I try XF86Setup and get:
>
> Warning SERVER specification missing in Card database entry Trident
TGUI9660
> (generic) (line 2513)
> Warning SERVER specification missing in Card database entry Trident
TGUI9680
> (generic) (line 2519)
> Warning SERVER specification missing in Card database entry Trident Cyber
> 9320 (generic) (line 2537)
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>
> So I try xf86config I get the same thing if I choose to see the vid card
> list.
>
> If I don't choose to view the card list, I can continue.  But after saving
> and trying startx, I get "no screens found".
>
> Any help out there???
>
> Ed

The Dogma chased the Stigma, and was hit by the Karma.

http://home.netscape.com/webmail