"J. Ricardo Rizzo" wrote:

> -- Hello everybody,
>
> I recently installed Mandrake 7.0-2(Air) on my Athlon K7-600MHz. I have
> an AGP card Voodoo3 3000. My XFree version, 3.3.5 does not recognize
> this graphic card,

You should either download/purchase Mandrake 7.1 or install XFree 4.01
otherwise you'll probably continue to have problems with the card.  Not to
mention that Mandrake 7.1 is a just a much better product then 7.0 imho.
For 2d graphics none of this probably mattters.

> and then I installed it as a Voodoo3 2000.

I think I would have tried to install it as a Banshee, but it seems to work
for you.

> Anyway, I read the on-line help and the news from
> 'linux.3dfx.com', and downloaded the driver. I installed the Xfree
> version downloaded and the driver, but never seems to happens. The
> graphic card is still installed as a Voodoo3 2000.

Do yourself a favor and get Mandrake7.1, if it isn't satisfactory then
upgrade to XFree4.1

> And finally, is it possible in the kde environment to quickly change the
> resolution and colour deepness like on startx?

If you have more then one screen resolution set in the XF86config file
(look in /etc), screen resolutions can be changed by holding down ctrl-alt
and depressing either the keypad - or + key to scroll thru the listed
resolutions.  Of course, you could also open up DrakConf and change the
resolution there as well.

> Observatorio Astronomico Nacional
> Alcala de Henares - Spain

Your a member of the National Astronomical Observatory of Spain?  Cool.

--
Larry Hignight          Descent 3 Beta tester          Caldera Linux 2.4
 11:25am  up 28 days, 19:33,  5 users,  load average: 0.08, 0.05, 0.03