On Fri, 1 Sep 2000, mrc wrote:

>Thanks Paul for the clear lesson. And I read the relevant man page.
>But my problem seems elsewhere. When I go into a directory - using ls - I find
>that some files are red. But on my monitor this color is difficult to read.
>So I'm trying to find out what file I can edit to change that choice of color.

For that you have to dive into /etc/DIR_COLORS (and yes, that is all
CAPS!)  Good luck. I have changed meny things in there also, but some
things still keep coming up wrong.

Paul

--
All problems can be solved by salt water:
sweat, tears, or the sea.

http://nlpagan.net - ICQ 147208 - Registered Linux User 174403
              -=PINE 4.21 on Linux Mandrake 7.1=-