I have just installed portsentry; the doc tells of various ways to run it,

portsentry -tcp (basic port-bound TCP mode)
portsentry -udp (basic port-bound UDP mode)
portsentry -stcp (Stealth TCP scan detection)
portsentry -atcp (Advanced TCP stealth scan detection)
portsentry -sudp ("Stealth" UDP scan detection)
portsentry -audp (Advanced "Stealth" UDP scan detection)

but are rather vague on which is suitable for what situation; --

Any pointer of where could I find more info ?

TIA,

Ron the Frog, on the cold banks of the Paraguay River.

                       God, I wish ignorance was painful.
                                              -- James Knox

              ---  http://personales.conexion.com.py/~rolgiati  ---