"Donnie R. Shelton" wrote:

> I have just installed mandrake 7.0 and when I hit ctrl-Alt F1 to look at
> what Mandrake thinks that I have it says that I have 1 600 mhz celeron
> processor, when I am sctually running a BP-6 with two celerons 533 on
> it. I have the board clocked and I scaled back just to make sure
> that.... that was not the problem, but needless to say.. I don't even know
> where to start. So far I really like Mandrake, but I have to have the dual
> support. Anyone even know where I can start??
> thanks!!
>
> Donnie R. Shelton
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hey Donnie.
I have now for some time been using a similar system: an Abit BP6 with 2
Celleron 533 - and it works great.
What does it 'say' at boot-time. I have just tried the Ctrl-Alt-F1 and it too
said one 535 Mhz, but at boot-time the similar screen says 2, with a doubled
Bogomips. When I run the GIMP I can choose the number of processors (up to
30!) I want to use. I am pretty shure that Linux is using both processors -
have you ever tried to work with (large) pictures, make a print, and then go
on to the next - then you will be shure, if you use 1 or 2 processors.
I have upgraded to the "kernel-smp-2.2.17-0.21mdk.i586.rpm" to get support
for the ATA66 controller - it's really fast.
But I have a little question to you - I have tried to overclock it, but when
I try, it resets to a 300 MHz - how do you do?
Sincerely
Mogens Jęger