Inetd has nothing to do with drives. It runs network services.

I expect running scandisk on the bad partition would fix it. Unfortunatly, you need windows to see the partition before you can use scandisk. Chicken and egg.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, September 03, 2000 9:18 PM
Subject: [newbie] HELP! Linux stole my windows partition!!!

I was looking at some of my windows 98 mpeg files under L. Mandrake 7.1 yesterday and when I rebooted the computer into windows, The partition of windows that contains all of my personal files was gone!  Confused, I went back into Mandrake and the partition was still present with all information.  I don't know why I can't see it under Windows.

When Mandrake is performing its shut down sequence, There is a FAIL on "stopping identd services"

I have tried:
1) detecting new harware under windows... No Good
2) unmounting the drive under Linux before restarting... No Good

Can anyone help me?