-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Doug McGarrett
Sent: Monday, September 04, 2000 3:05 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [newbie] Athlon thunderbird & ka7-100

There's a review in (or linked from, I forget which) LWN--Linux
Weekly News--by theDukeofURL about running Abit's Gentus Linux,
ver 3.0, on a KA7-100 board.  Apparently the installation went
reasonably smoothly.  I'll find out for myself pretty soon--I
just bought one of those  boards, and it came with a disk marked
ABIT GL6.2E.  I hope this is the latest release, (3.0) but I
don't know. The newest files are dated April 2000.

According to the Duke, the Gentus is based on Rawhide.  Does
anybody know when Rawhide came out?

There is an ABIT website, but it says nothing about Linux that
I could find.

Best of luck.  If you find out anything I haven't mentioned,
please pass it on to me.