Hi,

There are two possibilities, and hence two solutions:

1. The libraries are copied but they are not installed to your system.
Try control-panel or glint (as root) from a xterm to verify if the
library is installed. If not, install it.

2. If the library is installed and works well, you may "deceive" your PC
by creating a logical link:

ln -s /usr/i486-linux-libc5/lib/libXaw3d.so.6
/thedirectory/libXaw3d.so.6

where "thedirectory" is the one where emacs expects to be found (I don't
know exactly which, probably /usr/X11R6/lib).

Good luck, Chris, and tell us informed about your success (I hope).

Greetings,

Ricardo