Removing Linux partitions
(http://forum.mandrakesoft.com/article.php3?sid=20000907023359)

Gotrek writes "I want to remove the Linux partitions from my HD I used diskdrake
during the install to resize my fat32 partition to be 1.5 gigs smaller and then
allocated that space to Linux evertyhing worked fine.  Now I'm moving linux to a
seperate drive and want to re allocate the empty space to the original fat32
partition.  How can I do this without loosing my fat32 partition and all my windows
info?
"

ANSWER: Use DiskDrake. AFAIK, DiskDrake can enlarge FAT partitions just as good as it
schrink them. There are at least two ways
how you could do it:

First way would be to install linux on a second HD,
boot it, copy whatever needs to be copied from
old partition to the new one and start Diskdrake.
Another possibility would be to boot from install CD,
and start "instalation" (or upgrade if you prefere) in
 "customized" or "expert" mode.
"Format partitions" install point starts DiskDrake,
so you can change what needs to be changed on first HD,
and continue installing on second HD
(or simply stop the install: pressing "exit install", or Ctrl-ALT-Backspace will do).

In both cases you need to delete the linux partitions and
 resize FAT partition.

Accidentally, the second metod also
gives you an easy way to "get rid" of linux.
Just don't forget that you will need a bootable floppy
with DOS "fdisk" program to get rid of LILO/GRUB afterwards!

PS: I am not going to send individual answers per e-mail to anyone. If you want to
receive forum headlines per e-mail, subscribe to forum mailing list!
3-5 e-mails per day will certainly not hurt you.