yes,  I have lnx4win too.  that is the exact same problem I had with the
kernel panic.

enter linux through Safe Command Prompt Only, by changing directories
and manually booting it; this is how...

c:\WINDOWS>cd\lnx4win
c:\lnx4win>linux.bat

so, you mainly just type, linux.bat after you change directories and it
boots right up.  it should automatically be set to enter GUI mode at start
up.  I recommend using GNOME for the window manager.

at start up, if it doesn't automatically boot the GUI mode, log in under one
of the users, i.e.

login:root
password:******   (the text mode login does not actually show the password
shadow, just press enter after you're done.)

then, type in either:  startx  ,or,  X
that will then boot up the GUI mode.
if you want to browse the linux files directories by text mode, ls  will
show all files in the current directory except the hidden.  to show the
hidden files as well, type,  ls -a  .
    to change directories, type in:  cd .netscape/ (for example, note:all
hidden files are marked by a " . " (.) before the actual file name, you need
to include the period.

if you do not know what directory you are currently in (it should say by the
username that is logged in...) type:  pwd

you should be able to survive off that.  good luck.