On Fri, 8 Sep 2000, Barry Premeaux wrote:

>Thanks for the setup info.  Getting minicom up and running is something
>I have wanted to do, but never got around to.  One problem I am having
>is after running through the setup while in su, I can run it just fine
>as su, but not as user.  I get :
>
>minicom:  cannot open /dev/ttyS1:  Permission denied
>
>I have been trying to figure out where to run chmod to get user access.
>I already have user x permission on minicom.  How do I clear the
>permission problem?

Interestingly enough this happens to me too, as I have tried it just
now. (I don't have a modem but I should be able to set this up anyway.)
I hope someone else can give you a hint on the permissions for this. I
can't get it to work either.

Paul

--
Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn't come back?
A: A stick.

http://nlpagan.net - ICQ 147208 - Registered Linux User 174403
              -=PINE 4.21 on Linux Mandrake 7.1=-