Hi, all --

I also have tried kmail for mail and have found it unsatisfactory.  Quite often it
will hand up on a particular EMail.  The problem
may, of course, be kppp, but I see it most with kmail.  Dare I say it, when I return
to NT and use PMMail i never have a
problem.  BTW, there is a chance that PMMail will be available within the forseeable
future for Linux.

pete

On 9 Sep 00 12:29:13 EDT, Michael Scottaline wrote:

>Vic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I use Pine for my personal e mail box,
>> K mail for my linux mail, and Netscape mail
>> to experiment and tune up the pop server.
>=========================
>I use kmail to receive mail.  It can handle multiple popmail accounts (I have
>three diffeent ones), has easy to setup filters that work reasonably well, and
>has been exceptionally reliable for me (although I've read comments to the
>contrary from others <shrug>).
>       I typically use Pine 4.21 to sent smtp mail through my ISP (unless I'm simply
>replying to mail I've just received in kmail.  then I just click the reply
>button.  For this list and some others, I use different free web based
>accounts.
>Mike
>
>"Many loads of beer were brought.  What disorder, whoring, fighting, killing
>and dreadful idolatry took place there!"
>Baltasar Rusow, Estonia, 16th century

>Get your own FREE, personal Netscape WebMail account today at
>http://home.netscape.com/webmail

Pete Clapham
Department of Biological, Geological, and Environmental Sciences
Cleveland State University
Cleveland, Ohio, 44115
Voice: [216] 687-4820
Fax: [216] 523-7200