After completely re-installing my system, I cannot get the sound to work;
guess I dont remember what I did the first time to get it functioning  ;-(

Plug and Pray Sound Blaster AWE card.

When I try to start kmix, I am told
"kmix:Could not open mixer,
Perhaps you do not have permission to access the mixer device;
log in as root and do achmod a+ar /dev/mixer to allow access"

-I have done that
-I have pnpdumped and edited /etc/isapnp
-I have added sound in /etc/modules
-I have read (several times) the Sound-howto and Soundblaster-AWE-howto

I _KNOW_ I have forgotten something, but what ?

Any idea before I tear out my few remaining hair ?

TIA,

Ron the Frog, on the banks of the Paraguay River.
--
                               Procrastinate now

              ---  http://personales.conexion.com.py/~rolgiati  ---