hi all

I have a Seagate STT8000-A ide tape drive. HardDrake shows the device as
/dev/hdd and dmesg identifies it properly. Can't get tar
or KDat to see it, however. I have a /dev/nht0 entry (which, as I understand
it, is what I should use as the mount point), and the ide-tape module is
loaded, but doing a mt -f /dev/nht0 status says no such device. Presumably
there's something else I have to do but I can't work out what.

Any ideas?

TIA

Ian

-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"If the Lord Almighty had consulted me before embarking on the Creation,

I would have recommended something simpler"

- Alfonso X of Castile