Peter said:
unfortunatly in spite of IBM's support of open source os2 will never be released
by order of your government os2 runs all your cruise missiles and other
ordinance,  gates failures in this area (military software) are well documented
and are a convincing testimony to prove that no one with a serious interest in
using a computor should on grounds of reliability, speed, security and cost go
anywhere near an ms product.

me says:
OS2 runs cruise missiles does it?  hmmm.    you say M$s failure is well documented
(regarding military apps), could you tell me where you found this at?  as a computer
geek & infantry soldier i'd be most interested in this stuff.

i work at a hospital.  our nurse call / COR system is PC based & all of our boxes are
running on OS2 (warp v3 i think).  they run 24 hours a day & never ever crash.  once
in a while i have to restart a system, but it's due to the application that is
controlling the nurse call system.  this is my total experience with OS2, but the darn
thing seems stable as hell.  makes me wish i would have played with it when it was
coming out.

meanwhile, we have a pnumatic tube system which is also run by a PC.  it use to have
DOS based software.  never ever crashed.  then it was downgraded to a WinNT system.
that was about 5 months ago.  the PC crashes & burns about every 2 months (as i
predicted to my excuse for management).  next random down time scheduled for about 2
weeks from now.

Adrian Smith
'de telepone dude
Telecom Dept.