patrick wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Sep 2000, you wrote:
> > I ran Mandrakes Update to go to 2.2.16.  It automatically downloaded both
> > files and
> > installed them without any problems.  I don't recall which order it ran the
> > install.  Wish
> > I could be of more help.
> >
> > Barry
>
> wow, this is the first i have ever heard of this. maybe they are doing
> something different than they used to do

When the new kernel popped up as an available update, I selected them and ran
the update.  I rebooted and Grub updated to the new kernel without a hitch.

I did this prior to reading about all the problems others were having with the
automated updates.  Otherwise, I would probably have opted for the manual mode.

Still, I only recall two files and not the four someone else just listed.

Barry :-)