fricken frackin win modem!!!!!!
yes i share your problems at first i thought mine wasnt but i found an
article that says the chipset is
i finally have both linux and windows running so my next step is trying to
install some special tools that linux desperately needs before it fries my
processor,
but those tools are in a toshiba.tar.gz and im not sure on how to install
them,
i also need to configure my modem, and soundcard

soundcard= crystal sound fusion 4281 pci - acording to windows its sound
blaster pro compatible yet linux couldnt identify it

modem is a Conexant SoftK56 Data,Fax PCI Modem
which i found an article that claims its a winmodem but i didnt see any
standard winmodem drivers in my configuration

any help would be gratly apreciated