On Wed, 13 Sep 2000, ahmad wrote:

>I get some mail from cron daemon. Here's the mail :
>
>From : Cron Daemon ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
>To : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject : Cron ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) run-parts /etc/cron.hourly
>
>Can't open /var/run/news/shlock5334 permission denied.
>
>And I get another mail, which tell me like that. But the file are different,
>like shlock1748, 3510, and 3711. If I check those files, it doesn't exist.
>Anyone can help me ? Please.

The message is exactly what happens. CRON tries to execute files from the
/etc/cron.hourly directory. All files in there will be executed every
hour. Best to su to root and check what is in your /etc/cron.hourly
directory. If you can locate the files that refer to the non-existing
files, better delete those from /etc/cron.hourly

Paul

--
The fiber of the mind weaves the fabric of reality

http://nlpagan.net - ICQ 147208 - Registered Linux User 174403
              -=PINE 4.21 on Linux Mandrake 7.1=-