I haven't played UT in several weeks (been playing ole' Starcraft again),
but before I quit I was in the top 100 CTF players worldwide according to
ngWorldStats.  I just bring that out to show that I'm not just some nobody
who doesn't know what I'm talking about.

I understand your want for beauty.  I want it too.  The point is, you don't
have to trade speed for beauty.  This thread was originally brought up about
overclocking your processor.  That would get you the exact same beauty w/
faster performance and no tradeoffs except your processor would last 6 or 7
years vs. 12 or 14, and what good is a 6 or 7 year-old processor anyways?
What Intel processor was in use 7 years ago?  I think it was either the 286
or 386SX.  Those would do you nearly nothing today.

Don't listen to people who complain about stability problems with
overclocking.  If you have stability problems, don't overclock as much.
True, some processor/mobo combos won't overclock at all without stability
problems, but, in my experience that is rare.

As far as FSAA in FPS games go, the difference is not that astounding.  Have
you seen a Geforce 2 running on a monitor right next to a monitor driven
with a V5 with FSAA enabled?  I have, my local CompUSA store has a display
set up with both cards on 19 inch viewsonic monitors running UT.  You can
tell something is different about the V5, but you don't look at it and say
"WOW, that looks so much better".  If you disable FSAA you DO notice how
much more smooth the game looks.

All of this is IMHO, though.  You have what you like, I have what I like.  I
think you will find yourself in the minority, though if you were to survey
gamers as to whether they prefer the looks of FSAA or the speed without it.

Regards,

dwyatt