[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> In a message dated 15-Sep-00 10:53:40 Central Daylight Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> << Joan Tur wrote:
>  >
>  > Hallo!
>  >
>  > I'm about to purchase a portable... will Linux work fine with it?  What
>  > about the energy savings??
>  >
>  > Thanks!
>  >
>  > P.D.:  Do you recommend me any made/model?? -TFT, DVD...-
>  >  >>
> if you want to take a look at portable computers to get a good judge of what
> works, check out
> "elinux.com"

Also, Tuxtops has a line of laptops pre-loaded and configured with Linux
(Redhat 6.2, if memory serves).  They have a variety of models and
options, all the way up to one with a 30GB hard drive (Too much $ for my
budget, but a guy can drool can't he?).  I haven't seen any reviews on
them, but they sound good.

Bob

Bob