sorry i took so long to respond, dude! Your suggesstion really helped me out
a lot!  This is what the list is all about!

PaUL r

-----Original Message-----
From: Glenn Johnson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 29, 2000 8:47 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; Paul Rodríguez; Newbie@Linux-Mandrake. Com
Subject: Re: [newbie] FW: help with setting up pppoE

Paul, you need to get a program called rp-pppoe-2.2.tar.gz from Roaring
Penguin.
Their web site is www.roaringpenguin.com.  Download the newest version and
install it per their instuctions. It's a very easy program to set up. Answer
the 5 or 6 questions when you RUN the adsl-setup program (actually, it runs
itself at the end of the questions) and you should be good to go. I use this
program myself. When I first tried it out I could connect but couldn't move
any web pages. I found that I needed to add my ISP's dns server address to
my
/etc/resolve.conf and all was well. That done, I connect and surf to my
heart's
delight. To disconnect you type ADSL-STOP. Good luck.

Oh, one other thing, pay VERY close attention to their 'how to connect' text
file. This will help to resolve any other problems you may encounter. They
really seem to know what they're talking about. :)

Glenn Johnson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Registered Linux user #175132
Linux-Mandrake 7.0