> Hello World!
>
> I am the newest newbie in this list. Thanks to the archives of this list,
I finally figured out how to connect to my ISP (Earthlink). This after 3
years of struggling with various (Red-Hatx.y, Corel) linux versions and
reading several books!!

> Now I need to progress to the second step - how to get my Epson Stylus
Color 740 to work. I have checked the /etc/printcap file and the
/var/spool/lpd sub-directory and the printer names match. When I try to
print a postscript file, I get the message
> "lp is ready and printing" (Now I don't remember what I did to get this
message, but it must have been in some log file) but there is no output. I
know my printer can print PS files as I have done it through Win95. Can
anyone tell me what is going on? Appreciate it...