I am sharing a mouse and keyboard between two machines (temporarily). In
the past I haven't had problems pulling the cords out and plugging them
into either of the two machines. I imagine this is supposed to be a really
bad habit, but I'm short of space. Anyway, this last time, when I plugged
the ps-2 cable into my linux box, the mouse pointer was frozen on the
screen. The system is working normally otherwise. Is there a way to
re-initialize the mouse from a terminal, or must I reboot the system to
get the mouse back?

David Owen Kritzberg (david.kritzberg-at-colorado.edu)
Department of Economics, University of Colorado at Boulder
Campus Box 256, Boulder CO 80309-0256
Tel: 303-492-7709 Fax: 303-492-8960