Roger:
Check out gnucash. Version 1.3.1 is included on the extension disk with
Macmillan Mandrake 7.1; the newest (gnuest?) version 1.4.whatever, is at
www.gnucash.org. There's a lot of good information at the website. I
installed 1.3.1, but haven't done much with it (not much money, and a
lot of postings on this site), but it did import my Quicken files.
-- Carroll Grigsby